As mentioned in my pervious post, that I will post a last minute Halloween craft, here it is >< ! WOOOoooooo
I left these outside the front door before blogging this post, all the sweet has gone, I haven’t finished blogging!
Halloween Lantern, Nope I am not going to show you how to make the large pumpkin, but this Mini Orange Halloween Lantern….
Honestly! I just don’t know what to name this adorable lantern.
This is a quick Halloween craft, you can do if you can’t find a pumpkin, you can use an orange, only if you have one.
- Orange or Oranges ( you can make more)
- Marker/ permeant marker, colour of your choice
- Microwave ( don’t have to use it)
- Chopping bord
- Start by using the knife to chopping the top the orange off.
Note: Ensure you do not cut orange in half, chop a bit less than 3/4, because it will be differcult to scoop the insides out if the opening is small.
- Scoop out the flesh.
Note: You may find it easier to cut in between the flesh and the skin, than cut the flesh in half before using the spoon to scoop. Make sure you do not cut in to the skin.
- Draw on the features using a marker.
Note: You can use any pen/ colour you like. I used permeant because it shows up better and doesn’t rub off, when carving.
- Use scissor to cut the features.
- Microwave the orange
- Put tissue under and inside orange to absorb the moister.
Note: You do not have o use the microwave, I used it to dry the orange and to make it wrinkly and old.
Note: If you are using the microwave, do not microwave for too long, you can burn it unless you want the burn effect, or the lid/ top will shrink like mines. I suggest you to microwave both for 30secs and take the lid/ top out and microwave the rest for another 30secs.
- Personalise your Halloween lantern, I gave mines stitches.
Good luck and have fun! STAY SAVE.